Overdose of Paracetamol can be fatal - overdose can dying slowly !! - Health-Nutrition-Fitness.net Aware to know management of Health , fitness, nutrition in detail .

Overdose of Paracetamol can be fatal - overdose can dying slowly !!

Paracetamol is a household medicine and is considered as an OTC (Over the counter) medicine available at a local druggist.

Body aches, fever and mild cold can be treated well by Paracetamol and we have also seen how good it works for us and our family.

In Australia, almost all the families would have Paracetamol in their houses because this is one medicine that they have learnt to use over the ages.

Have you ever thought that these small Paracetamol can also cause severe harmful effects on your body? Well, most of us would not even believe it, as we have known to use Paracetamol randomly and very regularly.

On a Monday morning when we wake up with a mild fever or head ache, we gulp in a Paracetamol and we are good to resume our duties.

This is the ease with which we take a Paracetamol. But, it is time we know about this other facet of Paracetamol which has been unknown for a long time.


A recent study says that consuming too much of Paracetamol, even in little quantities but regularly for a period of many days can eventually result in a dangerous overdose.

 This kind of overdose is more severe than a single overdose that can be spotted easily and can be treated with.

An overdose caused by regular consumption of Paracetamol is very difficult to spot by the physicians. Not only this, but such an overdose can put one at danger of dying slowly.


Overdose of Paracetamol can be fatal - overdose can  dying slowly !!
Overdose of Paracetamol can be fatal - overdose can  dying slowly !!


Paracetamol Overdose can be FatalImage SourceWhen a patient is brought to the hospital after a single overdose, the amount of Paracetamol available in blood can be assessed by a simple blood test. 
Accordingly, the doctors would provide treatment and in most cases the victim would return home within a couple of days. 

However, 

in case of prolonged intake of Paracetamol it is very difficult to detect the overdose symptoms, even after a blood test. 

This is because the level of Paracetamol available in the blood would be low; however, the patient would be still at high risk of liver failure and an eventual death.



It would be a request from my end to stop taking Paracetamol for a prolonged period.

 If you find that the initial few doses are not helping you recover and you still have fever,

abdominal or muscular pain or head ache, please consider consulting your doctor.

 I am sure she might be in a better position to suggest you on the plausible medication and subsequent treatment.

This is just a caution and I am sure after reading this article here, you would agree with me.


This can happen with other OTC medicines too. Unfortunately,

we do not have more and more studies on these medicines and we do not know about the harmful effects these medicines would have on us when taken regularly for a longer period in time.

Hence,

it is recommended that we should not continue with the medication that we choose for ourselves when we are ill, for a longer duration.

If initial few doses do not work the way they have always worked for us, we should rush to the doctor and get ourselves or our families checked up.


thanks for the time .



Give me a chance to stop here for the time being .


Message to you : - Keep Educating the children .


Overdose of Paracetamol can be fatal - overdose can dying slowly !! Overdose of Paracetamol can be fatal - overdose can  dying slowly !! Reviewed by Health-nutrition-fitness.net on May 04, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Thanks .

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.